Would you like to work in Health and Social Care?
16th May 2017
Do you enjoy helping people?
Do you want to make a difference?
Have you ever considered working in Health or Social Care?
Medway College of Social Care are running a Health and Social Care Pre-Employment Programme in partnership with Medway Council, NHS Health Education England and Job Centre Plus Chatham.
This is a 4 week training programme plus work experience taster designed to provide the skills and behaviours required to gain employment in the health and social care sector.
Come along to the launch event 7 June 2017 at JCP Chatham, 10am and learn more about the course.
Programme starts on 12 June 2017 for 4 weeks
- 3 weeks – Level 1 Award in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
1 week of skills training to include
- Dementia Awareness
- Emergency First Aid at Work
- Conflict Resolution
- Manual handling
- Wellbeing, confidence, self esteem
- CV writing, mock interview
- Work placement taster in a Health or Social Care setting, arranged after week 4
Dates and venues for training
- 12 June 2017 – Medway Adult Education, Gillingham
- 13 – 30 June 2017 – MidKent College, Gillingham
- 3 – 7 July 2017 – Medway Adult Education, Gillingham/Rochester
- 10 July 2017 – 21 July 2017 – work experience placement
This programme is funded by the Support Workforce Health & Social Care Integration Innovation Fund – Kent, Surrey & Sussex
For more information please email email@example.com or ring 01634 331 094