Safeguarding Adults Level 1
MEETS CARE CERTIFICATE STANDARDS 3 and 10
This course will support participants who have not previously attended an Adult Safeguarding Course and who require an awareness level of knowledge, skills and practice. Specifically it will provide participants with an understanding of what constitutes abuse and neglect, recognition of abuse and neglect, and preventative practices and responsibilities if abuse or neglect are suspected. The course supports and covers aspects of the Care Act Certificate Standard 10 – Safeguarding Adults.
Anyone working in Adult Social Care in the Medway Area who has not previously attended a safeguarding adult course and who requires an awareness level of knowledge, skills and understanding in the Safeguarding of adults with care and support needs.
- What is adult safeguarding?
- Who may require safeguarding – Who is an adult with care and support needs?
- What does making safeguarding personal mean?
- What is meant by abuse and neglect and how do we recognise it?
- How can our practice minimise and or prevent abuse and neglect?
- Awareness of Medway’s multi agency Adult safeguarding policy, protocols and guidance
- Roles and responsibilities n relation to disclosure, recording, confidentiality and prevention of abuse and neglect.
- What do I do if I suspect abuse or neglect?
At the end of the course learners will be able to:
- Understand what is meant by the terms safeguarding, abuse and neglect and know who is an adult with care and support needs.
- Have an awareness of the legislative, policy and procedural framework in safeguarding adults
- Explore Making Safeguarding Personal (MPS) and what that means
- Be familiar with and understand Medway’s Multi-Agency Safeguarding Adults policy, protocls and guidance
- Recognise indicators (signs and symptoms) of abuse
- Know what to do should abuse or neglect be suspected or discovered
- Understand own and organisational practice that can help to minimise or prevent the risk of abuse or neglect to adults with care and support needs.
- Be clear of own role and responsibilities in relation to disclosure, recording, confidentiality and prevention of abuse and neglect.
Range of recap techniques throughout day and 10 Written questions at the end of the course
1 Day (approx. 6 hours)iShare event page