Who should attend?
The course is an awareness session for staff working with individuals who are on the autistic spectrum and may have learning impairments and disabilities.
Course aims and objectives:
• Delegates will be aware of what autism is
• Delegates will be aware of the main categories of the autistic spectrum
• Delegates will understand the characteristics of the condition what the main difficulties are for someone with autism
• Delegates will be better equipped with tips on what to do or not do in a variety of situations to ensure that they are positive and inclusive in their approach
• Delegates will be equipped with tips on “Disability etiquette” and be guided towards transforming their perception of Disability into Ability