Principles of COSHH
CARE CERTIFICATE COMPLIANT – 13
To introduce candidates to the inherent risks in substances and the controls available. This course is aimed at those who use substances hazardous to health at work and introduces students to the hazards associated with those substances, the risks and controls available and provides practical opportunities for students to develop an understanding of how to conduct a CoSHH assessment.
Successful completion will prepare students to look carefully at their own work activities and contribute to the safer use of hazardous substances in co-operation with their employer.
Those employees responsible for the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) at work, as well as employees who use hazardous substances in manufacturing, cleaning, healthcare, transport, utilities and offices.
- Introduction to COSHH
- Definitions of a Hazardous Substance
- COSHH Regulation
- Health Problems
- Identifying Hazardous Substances
- Controlling Hazardous Substances
- COSHH Assessments
At the end of the course learners will be able to:
• To be able to identify the hazards associated with those substances.
• To be able to identify the risks
• To understand the controls available to minimize the hazards
• To understand COSHH Assessments
The candidates will be assessed throughout the training session through continual questions and answers.
Half Day Course (approximately 3 hours)iShare event page