Tissue Viability (Wound Care)
Location: Rochester Community Hub
MEETS CARE STANDARD (Specialist)
- The functions and structure of the skin and how it is made up
- What is ‘tissue viability’?
- What is a pressure ulcer?
- Pressure ulcer grading
- Risk areas for pressure ulcers
- What causes pressure ulcers to develop? (intrinsic and extrinsic factors)
- What are the signs to look and feel for?
- Tissue viability assessment tools
- Preventing pressure ulcers
- Treatment and care of a pressure ulcer
- Demonstrate an understanding of the structure of the skin and the way in which pressure ulcers develop
- Show an awareness of when a patient may be at risk of developing pressure ulcers
- Explain the strategies to prevent the development of pressure ulcers