Supported Housing Services support individuals to live independently in the community with support.
What type of support?
It is the support that helps someone to live independently in their accommodation and includes a variety of help such as:
- Managing debts, budgeting and applying for benefits
- Gaining access to other services and organisations that can provide help and support
- Learning life and social skills
- Finding out about work or college
- Keeping an eye on health and wellbeing
- Alarm systems to enable people to access help in an emergency
- Dealing with other professionals, family and neighbours and advocating on behalf of the service user
Support housing services can help a wide range of adults with a number of issues, including:
- Homeless people needing support
- People with physical, sensory and learning disabilities including people with HIV
- People from diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds including gypsies and people from the travelling community
- People with mental health problems
- Older people
- People who misuse drugs or alcohol
- Young people at risk or those leaving care
- People fleeing domestic violence
- Teenage parents
More information on the supported housing services provided by Medway Council’s Homechoice Team can be found on their website.
Keep up to date with us
Please enter your email address if you would like to be added to our mailing list.
7th September 2020
What is Positive Behaviour Support (PBS)? PBS is an evidence based approach to supporting people who may be displaying behaviours that challenge. It seeks to understand the reasons for the behaviour so that unmet needs can be met. It’s proactive and preventative, focusing on the teaching of new skills to replace behaviours that challenge. We […]
18th March 2020
Following the recent announcement from the Government regarding COVID-19, a decision has been made to cancel all face to face MCSC arranged training excluding First Aid training with immediate effect until April 2021. Please note: There will be no charges incurred for courses cancelled by MCSC Delegates can continue to book future training session dates […]
13th December 2019
Making your inspection count We are working in collaboration with Skills for Care, to provide development for local social care services who are involved in CQC inspections. The seminar will help you understand, prepare for and implement the latest changes to CQC inspections. The seminar is on Wednesday 12 February 2020, at Gun Wharf in […]
4th October 2019
Resources and Learning to Support Individual Employers: Skills for Care are running an event for individual employers and those that support them. The event is free to attend and will keep you up-to-date with the latest best practice. The event is taking place in London on 20 November 2019. For more information on the event […]
Error. Page cannot be displayed. Please contact your service provider for more details. (28)