Substance Misuse Services provide support to individuals affected by drug and alcohol dependency.
In Medway, Medway Active Recovery Service (MARS), run by Turning Point, offers support to individuals by providing access through treatment and beyond into abstinence and sustainable recovery.
Staff working within the MARS team may be involved in providing the following support:
- Managing relationships between friends and family and building support networks
- Housing support and information
- Engaging with education, training and employment
- Signposting to community-based services
- Peer-led support sessions
More information on the role of substance misuse services and working within drug and alcohol services can be found at the following websites: